Saturday 27 August 2011

Homemade Cheesecake

My sister has always wanted to make a cheesecake. I've always wavered as it sounded like a lot of effort but since the hedgerows are full of ripe blackberries, I decided it was the perfect time to succumb to the cheesecake. We used the Mary Berry Recipe here which worked well.

First up, the base

There is a lot of cream cheese but the lemon helps cut through the richness. Also, the egg whites folded in at the end make for a surpringly light cheesecake for all the cream, butter and cheese. Even my mum, who is not a fan of diary products, had two slices!

My sister ventured in the rain to the local park to pick the blackberries (alas no wild strawberries though). Not surprisingly, nobody complained about tart blackberries.

The base edge is not perfect but it was addictively good nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment