Sunday 18 September 2011

Tyson is Looking for a New Family


It breaks my heart to have to write this but it has to be done. My sister has had a baby and due to time, accommodation  and money is going to have to give up her dog Tyson. The only thing I can do is make sure he goes to a good home.



Basic facts
Tyson is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier/Rhodesian Ridgeback cross male. He's 2 years old.

He's exceptionally friendly and affectionate and would not suit anybody looking for a guard dog. He's very outgoing and much more likely to befriend anyone he meets. He made friends with half of the population of Sheerness, including the staff in Tesco. He's lived with an English Bull Terrier and loves other dogs so he'd be fine to live with someone who already has a dog.
He injured his paw (grass seed) a few months ago and allowed both my sister and the vet to touch his paw no problem-there is no snapping/nervousness/fear biting in him so he'd get along well with children too. The only thing to bear in mind is that he's quite an exuberant dog so maybe not suitable for someone with a very young/small child. He is calm indoors.

He does know basic commands such as "sit", "go to bed" and "lie" but I would say these need sharpening for consistency. I don't think he had a firm, consistent trainer when he was a puppy so somebody who's trained a dog before or doesn't mind spending the time to teach, would probably be able to perfect his manners. He's a smart dog and eager to please so I don't think it would be difficult to train him to a high standard.
He likes being cuddled

He loves running-but always comes back to you! He's an active dog so probably not suitable for anybody who prefers lazy dogs.


He has no health problems. He's not been neutered.
He's very quiet and very rarely barks.
He's a very loving, affectionate dog with a lovely temperament and we're all really sad to see him go :(

Running with his favourite toy





Refer to my previous blog HERE for (even) more photos!

Please contact me if you're interested, or know somebody who is.

1 comment:

  1. He seems wonderful and I wish that I lived in England because then I'd probably kidnap him.

    Fingers crossed for him getting a new, loving home.

    ReplyDelete