Wednesday 11 April 2012

Hanging Key Necklace




It seemed a shame to let my opened block of Fimo clay sit idle...so I got my tray and biscuit cutter out and came up with this necklace.

The frame is made from the granite Fimo I used for my bird necklace, also polished.

This open pendant has a key which hangs free in the centre (I feel like I've 'sold out' a little using the key motif. However I like them. And as long as I steer clear of butterflies I'll be ok). The chain is a broken necklace reused. Oh the joy of using opened/used/broken things to make something new  :)

The old postcard depicts Titania and Bottom from A Midsummer Night's Dream, which is my absolute favourite of Shakepeare's plays. I found it in a small antique shop in Maidstone yesterday and didn't hesitate to exchange a few coins for it. The shop has a whole box of old postcards so I think it'll be hard to keep away from there. I can't remember the name of it but will find out in case anybody is interested in old postacrds-they were probably a few hundred there!

The cutaway centre is currently awaiting its own transformation-hopefully by the end of the week.

Having grappled with jump rings for the last couple of hours I think it's now time sit still and watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I don't usually enjoy romantic films but this one I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment