Saturday 7 April 2012

Bonjour!

I've become quite addicted to Little Paris Kitchen on BBC iPlayer, in fact I'm quite addict to all things Parisian as a result. Amelie, Musette and have a real earning to return to Paris. I sometimes forget I'm just a trainride from Paris and wish I could afford to go more often.

Anyway, I tried a recipe from the TV series-Oeufs en Cocotte.

The Parisians make this in ramekins but Rachel Khoo does them in a teacups and it is the most yummy breakfast.


To make you add a spoonful of creme fraiche to a teacup, add some grated nutmeg and season. Next, crack an egg in add another spoonful of creme fraiche. You can then choose a flavouring. Rachel uses dill or cods roe. If you're feeling extravagant you can add shaved truffled or truffle oil. I'm not posh enough to keep truffle oil so I added a few drops of Tabasco sauce and it worked nicely. You then cook the eggs, to your preference, in an oven dish of lukewarm water, in the oven. I served with rustic bread soldiers.




Here is the link for the latest episode of Little Paris Kitchen:

No comments:

Post a Comment