Saturday 11 February 2012

Winter Wander at Knole Park

Today I wrapped myself in 3 layers, a large padded coat and spent a peaceful day in Knole Park. The house is closed but the park is free and open 'from dawn till dusk'. It was very cold, with subzero temperatures all day but the snow stillness, tree skeletons, deer and sunset made for a lovely day anyway.

We walked through the park to Sevenoaks town centre, where I was seduced by exquisite truffles in a chocolate shop and we ate beautifully presented Thai food at Thai Square. We made it back to the park for sunset to see the white world glow orange.

There are beautiful trees in the park, including one of my absolute favourites-the Lebanese Cedar-so I plan to return in the summer, when I expect that place will look very different.

Photos as follows, the iPhone blogspot app doesn't upload them chronologically, preferring to mix them all up. Also I can't include photos in between text, it lumps the photos altogether at the end. Not the sleekest of apps it must be said :/



No comments:

Post a Comment