Thursday 16 February 2012

Knitted Scarf-Victory Over the Needles At Last

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to learn to knit. Coming from crochet, I've found it quite challenging. Hobbycraft had some 'scarf in a ball' projects so I bought a Patons Fab scarf yarn ball. The pattern called for yarn overs and a ridge pattern which I realised early on required more patience and attention than most beginners have. I opted instead for an alternating 4 row pattern:
Row 1 K1, P1 to end
Row 2-as row 1
Row 3-P1, K1 to end
Row 4-as row 3

The pattern creates something similar to moss stitch.

After a false start, I've decided I quite like knitting. It has a different rhythm to crochet and it's easier to drift off as you don't have to pay as much attention to wear the tool is going next as with crochet. As long as you keep track of your rows, knitting is very conducive to daydreaming and that suits me down to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment