Wednesday 16 May 2012

Britain's Bluebells

Estimates suggest that up to 70% of the world's bluebells bloom in the UK. I anticipate their arrival every year and when their particular shade of violet-blue does sweep the woods and flower beds I know summer is on the way. Now we are in the second half of May, some of the bluebells are looking a little tired and I know it is nearly time to say good bye to them until next year.

I found these beauties in Brenchley Gardens in Maidstone whilst waiting for my bus.



Some of the most popular places to find bluebells are here (including the famous Ashridge Estate in Buckinghamshire).

Next year I'm hoping to fulfill a dream and take a trip to Buckinghamshire to photograph the bluebells on the Ashridge estate at sunrise. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment